2002/01/23

Urgh. Conflicted. The coworker stands a good chance of getting a really good job offer across the country, where he last was before this job. I was thinking of making a go of a relationship with him, but I don't want to say that now, because I don't want to be doing it just because I want him here.

I'd really miss him if he were gone... we get along really well and when we're not being stupid, then things work out pretty well between us. I don't know... I have my fears and stuff like that. *sigh* I wish I could get my act together and my ass in gear and make things happen for myself! But it's tough. Argh.

Argh. Argh. Argh. Damnit. It's awful of me, but I'm kinda hoping they aren't making him a job offer. I hope he can get things moving out here, 'cause I know he's feeling pretty bored with his job, but I also want him to be happy, and if moving back and working doing stuff he'd really enjoy would make him happy, then who am I to whine? This isn't about me, it's about him. It affects me, but I want him to be happy and do what would make him happy. I know he'd be happy with me, and that isn't me being vain, just repeating what he's told me, but who knows how long a relationship between us would last? Whereas a job would hold out for awhile, probably. I'd hate for him to stay here because of me, and then if/when we broke up, he'd be still stuck in a job he was bored of, if things on that front didn't change.

Ah... well. More waiting until I hear what the story is from him, since he's going to the workplace today to find out what's going on.

Let's see, desires for the next little bit (i.e., between now and when I graduate :P)...
* Get my own place.
* Get a car.
* Get into on-air broadcasting.
* Survive this semester.
* Figure out what I'm doing relationship-wise.
* Spend some time with friends... if I find time. :P

I think that's it. I want to ask my friend about her house and the rooming situation, but I barely talk to her and I don't know if I want to be the one to bring it up. It might be weird, with her dating one of the guy's rooommates, especially if I start seeing someone else and having them over. I don't know. Argh! I'd love a place of my own. :P Later, if I remember, I'll check out the listings and see what kinds of prices I should be looking at for apartments, and investigate the additional costs.

Enough out of me until I know more. :)

No comments: