2002/08/15

I had a dream last night that I beat up the coworker. He was sitting in my kitchen and my aunt was there (I don't know why, I think my dad was doing something to her computer for her), and I started yelling at him because he had eaten my chocolates or something, and then I told him to leave, but he got sucked back into the conversation. Finally, I pulled on his chair, and he slipped under the table and hit his head. I started out yelling at him, "Jesus Christ coworker..." but when I realized that he was hurt, it ended with "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that!"

We had a semi-argument on ICQ yesterday when I was at work and he was at home. I talked to a few people about it and they felt I was in the right. At work, there are two rollaways in the room, and a cupboard above my workstation. The two coworkers that share the studio use the rollaways to keep their stuff in, and I keep a few things in the cupboard above my workstation (as do they), including a water bottle. When I came into work yesterday (after having Tuesday off and leaving Monday before coworker got in), I opened the cupboard and the water bottle was open, on its side, and in a different place than I usually put it. I asked my first coworker if he knew anything about it, no, so I ICQed the coworker and asked if he'd by any chance used it, and he said yes. Here's the rest of the conversation, 'cause I don't really feel like trying to remember it, and I think it's kinda funny (and it's not as long as some of the others I've posted):

Eiram: Were you by any chance using the water bottle that I have in the cupboard?
coworker: yes
Eiram: I see.
coworker: :)
Eiram: In the future, could you please not? I have it there for my personal use, and I prefer not to share it.
coworker: I see.
coworker: that's very generous of you.
Eiram: Candy and food is there to be shared, but I think of water bottles as a bit more personal.
coworker: ok. Hmmm, interesting. I HAVE seen you naked.
coworker: anyways, I won't touch your shit anymore.
Eiram: And considering the way you feel about me now, I didn't think you'd be wanting to share my shit, as you put it.
coworker: well... I needed water. I don't have a water bottle at the moment. I didn't see any harm in using yours. I didn't think it would be such a problem. And how I feel about you undershadowed my thirst at that particular moment. I didn't think it would be such a big deal.

Eiram: Okay then
coworker: so I won't touch it again, and I'm sorry I touched it in the first place.

Eiram: *shrug* As you've said in the past, everything in this studio is yours or your business, so I should have realized that extended to things I've brought in from outside. Now I know, and I'm prepared for it to happen in the future.
coworker: ok. Hey, your personal shit, is your personal shit. I'm not routin' through your drawers. I still have to work with you afterall...

Like I said... If you don't want me to touch your water bottle. I won't. I didn't think it would be a big deal.

I'm really not THAT much of an ass (contrary to current belief)
Eiram: I just figured that it was my personal shit to begin with, but I didn't realize you didn't share that opinion. I don't have any drawers in this room for you to root through, simply that cupboard.

I never said it was a big deal, I simply figured that considering the nature of our current relationship, we weren't exactly going to be sharing things. Part of the problem is that it was left open and on its side, so water has leaked into the cupboad and on my keyboard. It hasn't caused any damage, but it was a concern.

I don't recall having said that you were an ass, unless you are quoting from someone else, in which cause I can't really comment on the matter.
coworker: Uhm... I didn't leave the water bottle on it's side. I used it two days ago.
coworker: (Monday night)
Eiram: When I opened the cupboard, it was on its side. I haven't used it for quite some time, and I haven't been in since Monday afternoon.
Eiram: As you were the last one to use it, it's logical to assume that perhaps it was you who left it on its side. I apologize then if it wasn't.
coworker: hmm... well, I don't remember opening it and leaving it on its side. I usually close any and all bottles I use (even as I'm using it)... but point is, I won't touch it again.

I'm off to work.

coworker: *nod*
Eiram: See you then.


So I figure that's why I had the dream that I mentioned above. :)

Anyhow, what else is going on? My birthday's coming up! Yay! August 23rd babies, mark it down! ;)

Been very vaguely toying with the idea of getting something else pierced, which is just kinda dumb. I don't need anything else pierced and I don't really want anything else pierced I don't think, I'm just thinking about it. But no! I will be strong. Get the other tattoo, then be done. Right.

One of the things I like about J is that it's not always about his friends and spending time with them when something's going on. If we both have friends planning things for the same night, we do our best to show up to both events if we can. He goes with me when something's going on with my friends, and I like that. Other guys I've dated have not done the same thing, unless it was The Ex-, who just did it because he was a controlling asshole (UBFM, anyone?).

Okay, I can't remember what else I was going to write, so I'm off to shower and get ready for the day. If I remember, it'll appear later. :)

No comments: