2002/11/25

Reflecting my thoughts on Christmas, since they're currently playing Christmas music... argh! I'm a few days late in reporting that part, but here you go:

Dear Friends:
I have been watching you very closely to see if you have been good this year and since you have I will be telling my elves to make some goodies or me to leave under your tree at Christmas. I was going to bring you all gifts from the 12 days of Christmas, but we had a little problem. The 12 fiddlers fiddling have all come down with VD from fiddling with the 10 ladies dancing, the 11 lords leaping have knocked up the 8 maids a-milking, and the 9 pipers piping have been arrested for doing weird things
to the 7 swans a-swimming. The 6 geese a-laying, 4 calling birds, 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves and the partridge in a pear tree have me up to my sled runners in bird shit.

On top of all this Mrs. Claus is going through menopause, 8 of my reindeer are in heat, the elves have joined the gay liberation and some people who can't read a calendar have scheduled Christmas for the 5th of January. (Or, in this part of the world, October something...)

Maybe next year I will be able to get my shit together and bring you the things you want. This year I suggest you get your asses down to Walmart
before everything is gone.

Sincerely,
Santa Claus

In other news... kinda impressed with Chapters. This year they sent me a free renewal on my members card, and just now I got a $25 gift card in the mail. So I can go book shopping and likely spend twice as much, since that is my style, and what they're expecting, I'm sure. :)

I think I'm going to stop reading the op-eds and the letters to the editor. I just want to yell at the stupidities of the people. There was a guy writing in to offer some tongue-in-cheek suggestions to the bus people, one of them being some way of finding out if the bus driver is only going to offer 'no's or no responses to their chatting. I want to call this man up and yell at him, 'They're doing their job! Do they come to you and try to engage you in conversation when you're doing your job? Is your job chauffering around hundreds of people a day? How about letting the drivers concentrate on the road so they don't get us in an accident and we don't all die!?' Argh.

The column to the veterinarian annoys me, too. People are always writing in with stupid shit like, 'My dog's been peeing blood for three weeks and crying all the time. What should I do? Will aspirin help?' or 'My veterinarian just diagnosed my cat with a thyroid problem and says she needs to be put on medication for life. What are the side-effects and should I do this?' Again, I want to call up these people and yell at them, 'Take your fucking dog to the vet! Have you ever peed blood?! It hurts! Of course your dog is crying, it has a goddamn UTI! Get it treatment!' or 'Ask your fucking vet! She's the one that diagnosed your cat, ask her!' Argh!

But I tend to get upset about animal stuff, so that's maybe just me. :)

My eyes are still all blurry, and I don't know why.

And here I was, thinking I wouldn't really have to buy many Christmas gifts this year; my aunt and sister are well take care of, and I just have the grandfolks and folks. Instead, I also have the two Marks and assorted friends. I want to buy little gifts for lots of people at work and such, but not too sure what I'm going to do yet.

Had a good chat with Vicki last night. I haven't seen her in awhile 'cause of how our schedules got all screwed around (thank you boss), so last night was a nice catching up time. She called me non-judgemental on her site, yay! :) I think she's going to do okay, it's just a time thing. I hated hearing people say that to me, but it's true and it's totally ass. Totally, totally, ass. Vicki has said she can be immature, and sometimes that's true, but who isn't? Frankly, with all the crap she's been through in her life, I think she can be however the hell she wants. :) We talked a bit about Charmaine, and hopefully I did some good stuff there. I hate to see people dancing around one another 'cause they're not sure where the other stands, so who knows, maybe the three of us can start hanging out? We'll see. :)

Okay, time for shower and getting started on the papers, and/or changing the fish water. The poor guys must think they're back out in the wild. Eesh. I'm a terrible mommy.

No comments: