2006/11/26

Is there any easy way to tell someone that advice they give or comments they make are actually the opposite of helpful?

I went out last night and socialized with a bunch of friends. They were playing the game Guitar Hero II, which seemed kinda neat except for where most of the songs were unrecognizable to us. Instead, I mostly knit and talked to people. I got a backrub, which was very nice, and JJ said that I was very tight. I responded by saying that, "yes, I've been told that before." He then said that he was the only person in our group who wouldn't know, so I pinched him, which he said he deserved.

He also said later I was cranky. I'm not sure if I was cranky, but I was in a weird mood. I didn't want to be at home, but I sort of didn't want to be with the group in some ways.

Greg and Madeleine's little girl was being very social last night, which was cute. She seemed quite happy to see people, and was clapping her hands and grinning and making lots of noises. I was walking her around the house a bit, partly to give OFK a break and partly just 'cause it was fun.

In other news, the GLR and I ended. Ultimately, I think we weren't working as a couple, and that he need someone who is more or does more for him than I am or do. It was starting to feel like it might become a Smooshy situation -- where all I was hearing was how I didn't do x, y and z, completely disregarding that I did do a, b and c -- and I didn't want it to get to that point. But friendship is still on the cards.

It's been a bit of a crazy season, and I'm looking forward to things slowing down. I got through my presentation on Thursday, and it seemed to go okay. There were suggestions for improvements and questions about my statements, which was fine -- they did that to others as well. The only frustrating part was that my internet connection died and so I couldn't play any of the commercials I had, but oh well.

Next major hurdle is the thesis proposal. I have to refine the theory and rework it before I send it in on December 1st, and then I have the paper due for my class either December 7th or 11th. The original due date was the 7th, and I want to still aim for it so that I can relax for more of December, but knowing me, I'll be doing it at midnight on the 10th. :P

Today I'm going to be doing a bit of shopping with Mom and some Christmas shopping, so if there's something you want, speak up quickly! You can also call or text my cell phone, which I'll have with me. :)

Anyhow, time for food and shower. I'm starving and possibly grody. One of my kitties was giving me a nice backrub when I was talking to my mom on the phone, too -- I knew I kept them around for some reason.

No comments: