2002/05/11

Yesterday I ran into a few people I knew; one friend from high school on the bus, and then another friend from way back -- ysig days -- in the Rideau Centre. He looks more or less exactly the same. It was kinda funny. I remembered as I was leaving the conversation that I used to have a huge crush on the guy, although I knew we wouldn't work in a relationship (story with most of my crushes).

Tons of confusion in the world of relationships. I seem to be leaning towards the pizza guy, wanting to be with him, and yet I can't help but think I might be spending my time still looking if I was with him. Not fair to him. *sigh* I'm going to ask him if his offer is still open at least, and work from there. If it's not, then it's not, and that's where I have to go from. I also have to explain to the coworker what's going on, once I know for myself. *grumble* As if I have a clue. :) I just need to remember that chances are things aren't going to be much different from before, so the things that bothered me are still going to be there, and I'm trying to decide if they're worth it.

I've received a lot of compliments from people with whom I speak in real life (is there such a thing?), praising me on my openness and honesty on this site. Frankly, I'm pretty much as honest in face-to-face conversations, but not always. There is stuff on here that I can't say to people's faces, because there's a part of me that thinks it would be meaner to do so... although reality is starting to show me that sometimes what I think is cruel is actually kinder in the long run. Sometimes people do need to hear the mean stuff (and some people I know make sure I hear it in spades) to know where you stand.

I edited the daily show yesterday. That was kinda cool. I was chatting with the guys as they were recording and they asked me at one point if I was going through a dry spell, and I said, yes, by choice. They felt that was a stupid choice. :) However, here's to six weeks and counting, and I have to get ready for work. I don't think I'm making any of my choices based upon needing to get laid, since I'm not feeling that urgency. I'd like to, but I'm not dying without it.

No comments: