2003/06/22

*mutter* As the second person to mention the "right"/write fiasco, Jay gets a punch in the nose. :) I was at work, I wasn't paying attention, I was all rushing to be ready for the stupid Harry Potter evening ("You guys must be busy!" "You guys must be selling a lot of this book!" "Do you have any copies left?" *mutter*), so therefore a typo slipped in. It's not like I don't have plenty of them, people just tend to gloss over them for some reason. :)

Anyhow, my favourite HP-related comment: "So, have you had a chance to read it yet?"

We're standing there, around dinner time on Saturday evening. It was released at 12:01 Saturday morning (just after midnight Friday night, if you prefer, like me, who thinks that it's not day yet until you've had a chance to sleep between it and the previous one), and I was at work until 1 a.m., working that shift. Then, I came back to work for 3:30 and worked until close last night. I have had the time to read this book exactly when? Look around you sir. There are people in the store. There are lots of people; this means I'm busy. Being busy means I don't have time to read the book. *sigh* Not that I'm allowed to read at work, anyhow.

Children and adults coming in, "Do you have any copies of it?" Well child/madam, if you look behind me, you will see there are several dozen copies on display. This holds true for both sides of the cash. If you look behind you, you will see a display with several hundred copies of the book. However, it was smart that you asked, 'cause in actuality, they are all display copies, and in fact only contain the phrase "I'm a wanker" written over and over again.

*mutter*

They wanted me to work with the kids the night of the release because someone, somewhere, had the impression I'm enthusiastic. -the fuck?! I don't get
it.

What else? Lots of stuff has been going on the last little while, but none of it is at the forefront of my brain. I've twice now seen daylight from the wrong side, and that bothers me; I hate this feeling of being exhausted but not being able to sleep and just feeling generally stupid. A bunch of my coworkers and I hit one of the bars after work on Friday night, and there was a guy one table over who kept checking me out. We had to move inside for last call (which was announced about ten minutes after we got there), and when I went to the bar to get a glass of water, he followed me. However, D showed up to ruin that fun, so my potential bar come-on never happened. Boo. :(

Whore's Boudoir got a link on a few new sites (well, new to me), including ErosBlog, and that link is new and has gotten me some increased traffic. Yay! :) Now I just have to scrounge up some cash and actually do some stuff with the site... oh yeah, and write a new article. Got some ideas in my head, we'll see if I can actually squish them together into a real article. Sweet, just found another one: ...sweetness follows and the other one I knew of, Made in the 80s, and somewhere else is another, but it's scrolled off the list of links. So, shout-outs to all those who link me, and I loves ya for it. :)

For now, I'm tired and stupid, and I have to get dressed so I can go pick up my copy of HP from the postal office, where it got routed 'cause they arrived during the 1 hour or whatever it was that my dad was out. Damn Canada Post. Of course, since they were delivering on Saturdays, I guess I can't complain too much... :)

No comments: