2003/07/17

Okay, so I'm really tired. I got to bed around 1:30 last night, and Digger was all excited that I was going to bed at a decent hour for once, since it meant that he could use my legs as pillows.

Well, we got all settled in, and I was trying to stop my mind from racing and relax so I could sleep, and I was toying with the idea of getting my pyjamas -- since I was cold and all -- when I hear those ominous kitty retching noises. I wiggled my feet around, hoping to get him out in the hallway before he barfed, but no such luck; on went the light and I got to see that not only had he hit my comforter, but my topmost blanket as well.

Trudged downstairs to get everything in the washer, and I nearly retched myself from the odour; not that it was especially noxious, just that barf, regardless of the species from whence it originated, is pretty much the sole bodily function I simply cannot handle. At this point, I'm hoping that if I leave everything in the washer, someone else will move it over and hopefully it'll be all cleaned and dried for me. :)

Anyhow, today was crazy crazy crazy busy at work, and we were down one cashier. I did 246 transactions, which is Christmas-busy, not average Thursday busy. My feet hurt. With any luck the near future will include my feet up and a pizza. Yum, pizza.

I have a poll question for those of you who feel like responding. How many of you would be comfortable peeing in front of your significant other or having them pee in front of you? Nothing sexual (unless that's your kink, which is different from my question), just "you were in the washroom brushing your teeth and I had to go so there I went." ("Air quotes").

The reason I ask is because this is a debate I've had with a number of boyfriends. As one boyfriend so lovingly put it, "you don't care about my come, why does it bother you to see me pee/have me see you pee?" ("Air quotes"). It's come up a few times since, and it's more or less ensured that I always lock the door behind me when I go to the washroom, or if it's someplace where I might be seen, I go far far far away. I don't want anyone opening the door on me to be funny or sneaking up on me.

See, I figure it's a fair boundary to have. The washroom is a sacred place. It's one thing if I or my sweetie are in the shower; then I don't really care (although you oughtn't flush the toilet, 'cause that's just mean). But why not just leave me in peace when I have my piddle or whatnot? I do the same to you, and I have no interest whatsoever in seeing my sweetie pee, or seeing me pee. I have so few boundaries, why not respect this one?

Bah. It's not as if it's a huge crisis or whatnot, I just wonder if I'm somehow being weird or whatnot 'cause it's come up a few times, and each time the guy has acted like there was something wrong with me for not wanting to be in there poking at his peenie while he was peeing. Hey, I'm fascinated by 'em most of the time; this is one of the few times when I can leave 'em alone. ;)

No comments: