2003/09/30

I spent yesterday doing French training; 'twas a refresher course on grammar and such. Of course, it dealt mainly with the things I covered in my final year of high school, as well as various other things that someone who has to write in French would want to know. Needless to say, at times I was a little bored/lost, but for the most part it wasn't too bad. It had the lingering effect of making me think in French for the rest of the day, though; I'd start formulating sentences or thoughts in my head, but I'd be composing them in French. Kinda funny. :)

I also had my second belly-dance class last night, and I realized that I'm really not very good at it. Shawn has told me I should therefore quit, so so long, belly-dance! ;)

After class I hung out with a few friends and we played chapters 1 and 2 of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer game, and I was Xander both times. The first time, I wasn't of much use; the second time, I did some damage and death-dealing to a couple of vamps, then got roundly smushed by I think the Judge. It might've been Drusilla, although I think I killed her. Needless to say, sound effects were made by yours truly every time a vampire died. I also mourned the death of Spike. Even though in this game he was evil. And against us.

I also chatted books for awhile with N, and she's offered to lend me a few new titles to try out. Most of the books we discussed were vampire-based, of all things; I think we were both in a particular mindset. :)

I could write about relationship-stuff here, but I wouldn't know what to write or where to begin. Poor Shawn's been my dumping ground for all of this stuff, but he and I are mainly in agreement on things. Sometimes he comes up with ways of looking at things that I hadn't seen, or we just simply hash out a concept and then I'm happy.

I watched a couple of episodes of Sex and the City last night, and there's one in particular from season 6, "The Post-It Always Sticks Twice" that had some messages in it that I was fully in agreement with. Things to do with guys being able to have a relationship end without even a real goodbye, but women always having to learn something in order to feel that they can move on. It was kinda grumbling at the concept, but that and a few other lines had me nodding my head in agreement.

Isn't it nice when I vaguely allude to things and then not explain them properly? *sigh* Sorry, just don't have the time to look it up and explain it more fully.

I'm doing my best to bite my tongue on a lot of issues lately, at least publicly. As much as I may have some bitter or frustration or hurt in relation to a number of circumstances, I'm doing my best to either keep it to myself or suppress it entirely. Or dump it on Shawn. :) As much as it might feel good to blow up at a few people, that's the short-term; in the long-term, I know it wouldn't help me. Or at least my relationship with them.

But sometimes I just want to whine, lemme tell you. *sigh* That and sleep. :P

No comments: