2003/11/22

Fucking Blogger just lost the post I was working on. *sigh* Okay, here we go:

Tuesday - Thursday: Attended an Inuit Awareness Workshop (optional). Tuesday ate raw, frozen caribou meat. Willingly. Did not really enjoy it, especially later in the day. Went to the gym, got a phone call from N, everyone was assembling at R and (female) N's place for movies. Went, was just the four of us, watched X2. Friends who work at movie stores get advantages. :) Good times, went home.

Wednesday: Exhausted and vaguely sick. Got all the way to the location of the training course, but had already made up mind not to attend. Turned around and went home, watched videos and such before sleeping for about two hours. Went to S and N's place for craft night, worked on a cross stitch and chatted. Went home.

Thursday: Final day of workshop. Learned about Inuktitut (the language spoken by the Inuit) and learned some small phrases. Had a feast of country foods, which consisted of a lot of fish, some boiled and raw beluga (the name of which is phonetically somewhere around mocktock), dried caribou, and caribou stew. I ate a small amount of the stew and a lot of vegetables; I don't touch fish and I wanted to be careful with my poor stomach. Went home and felt in a really bad mood, went to the gym and felt much better afterwards. Came home and settled down to dishes, watching the shows I'd taped Wednesday night, and just relaxing. Internet access died sometime before I went to bed that night.

Friday: Went back to work, came home and relaxed on the couch. Made some Kraft Dinner (which didn't taste good), and was just settling in to bad t.v. when N called, telling me everyone was assembling at JW and AM's place. Excellent, I was in the mood for socializing.

Oh, I should point out here that both nights, N told me that he needed to kill some time before it was the appointed assembling hour. I bugged him about that last night, that he was just using me and my place for killing time.

Anyhow, as N was over, the fridge started up its groan of death. I'd told him about it before -- the fridge gremlins and their hatred for life, etc. Well, last night it annoyed him enough that we hauled the fridge out, rescued the pans, and discovered two things:
1) There are no sentient or non-sentient beings living behind my fridge, which is good.
2) That there was a terracotta flower pot and a mystery bag of whitish powder behind my fridge. That I didn't put there.

So, once enough time had passed, we grabbed Twister (N had said we were supposed to bring something to do -- I found out later that when he'd been told, "Bring something to do" he said, "Okay, I'll bring Jen" -- jerkface), the pot and the mystery powder, and headed over.

Lots of people showed up, Ben phoned and I dragged him over, and there was much hanging out and talking. We played several rounds of Twister; of the two games I played, I won one and then conceded the second (it was just N and I at that point). JW asked everyone to leave around 1:30, and S and N drove me home and I puttered about.

D and I talked for about an hour on the phone, and then I went to bed. There's been the week in review.

For now, I'm off to eat some more and do random things. Later. :)

No comments: