2003/12/28

Well, I'd go over the last few days for you in detail, but there's not a whole lot to say. I spent most of it at the homestead; I moved out there on the 24th, in the evening, in time for dinner and hanging out. I drove over to D's place for awhile for opening of gifts and watching tv, and it was at that point that my cold moved from my chest into my nose.

Headed back home, went to bed around midnight or so, and slept pretty well. I woke up in the morning to being alternately poked and tapped with a cardboard tube left over from the wrapping paper. My mom mentioned she liked the noise, as she stood there and continued poking and thumping me with it. My family, ladies and gentlemen.

Opened the gifts, and as I said, I got a lot of smallish stuff. Some neat things, though; an antique tea set, a couple of board games, and so forth. D came over for a bit and we drove out to the drugstore in a bid to find a cold medication that would actually work for me, as the Dayquil/Nyquil combination was doing SFA. I decided on Buckley's, and that stuff tastes like melted Vicks Vapo-Rub. It seemed to work somewhat, especially when combined occasionally with the few Tylenol Cold pills I had -- have I mentioned that I foresee myself dying through an overdose of over-the-counter medications? Oh yes, I will.

Didn't do a whole heck of a lot on Christmas Day, really. Mom sent Kim and I to rent Bend it like Beckham after dinner, as I'd decided to stay the night again and they wanted Kim and I to see this movie. It was great fun; I missed a few things here and there through accent difficulties and general tiredness, but overall enjoyed it. After that one, we started in on Anything Goes, or whatever it's called (Jason Biggs, Christina Ricci), but it was a Woody Allen movie and none of us were particularly into it (understatement), so off it went.

Then it was time for the Buffy marathon. Woo! I watched it until 2 or 3 in the morning, then settled down on the couch with my trusty kitty by my legs (Digger is the best cat ever), and passed out until 11 or so, when my folks were more up and about. Spent most of the day alternately watching the marathon or doing various things about the house; I very much wasn't into shopping, and didn't really feel the need to do much of it, so it was a good balance.

After dinner my folks brought me downtown, and I started putting things away. D came over to give me my gifts and we set up the DVD player and watched X-Men 2, which he'd given me. After he left I farted around on the computer for awhile, then crashed.

Yesterday was more computer fartage during the day, then headed over to the nice dirty store with Ben and his sister for shopping fun. I picked up a couple of books and a new shower toy, which will be spending time in my soap dish. Fear not, Ben, I will not trip on it and kill myself in the shower -- his new nightmare, apparently. As I said to his sister, plenty of boys masturbate in the shower, why can't I? Exactly. :)

We saw his sister off on the bus, then hit the comic book shoppe (I need to see if they have a return policy), grabbed some dinner and compared notes on various locations about his house that we'd tagged (and it was pointed out to me once again that there is no location on the roof of the shopping centre that is without a video camera), and hit up the bookstore. I got the rest of D's gifts, and a few books for me, including Wee Free Men, then we came here to watch the first two episodes of season 6 of Buffy -- Ben wanted to know how it was they brought her back. :)

I stayed up way too late just farting around on my computer, had some really weird dreams this morning, and now here I am. There are still dishes to be washed (ah yes, another of my Christmas gifts -- another set of dishes, plus two platters and four more little plates on top of that. I need never do dishes again!), some more laundry to be folded, and I could probably stand to put other things away.

I'm still paying the price for a crap-ass diet the last few days, which is just ever so much fun, but it's getting better. One thing I've learned? If you have a wicked cold at the same time that you have your period, your body will spare you on the cramps and headaches that you usually get. So... I'd have rather had the cramps and headaches, to be honest. :P Mind you, instead I got to enjoy the horny. Weird having a cold and being horny. :P

Tried to take a picture of my current David and Goliath wear, but this shirt is bigger than the others, so the letters stretch further, and it's harder to do. Ah well, no love for you today. :)

Ben and I have also made facetious plans to run away to another city. As the year goes on, we'll see what happens. At this point, if I didn't have a lease and knew I could transfer, I'd do it. See, I told him he wasn't allowed to leave 'cause he's one of the cool people, and all the cool people have to stay in my city until I decide to leave it, and then he said that him telling me was his way of getting me on board to join him. Ben is cool people. I feel the love. :)

No comments: