2004/01/04

I'm just in a writing mood tonight; I have one new article written, and a second almost done. Lookit me go!

1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
I ate eggplant, saw a dead body close-up, almost got picked up at a bar, really did pick-up (maybe), and had some outdoor adventures. Oh yeah, I graduated university and moved out on my own (finally). Whoopie.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year; this year is the first time I have.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I can think of, though one of my cousins is currently preggers.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, a close friend of the family/pseudo Dad.

5. What countries did you visit?
I drove through the States; typical when driving to the grandparents'.

6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
Ambition, progress, weight loss, less procrastination. A date?

7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Maybe May 31st, when I found out about Mike at Greg and Madeleine's wedding.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating university, I guess. It never really felt like I wouldn't. Aside from that, moving into my own apartment, and getting a grown-up, career job.

9. What was your biggest failure of the year?
Hrm. A few relationships? Nothing off the top of my head, really.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Eh, the usual headaches and various bumps and bruises. The scar on my chest from Shadow? I think that was this year. I spent Christmas with some dread disease.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Lots of books and DVDs, the digital camera... a webcam. Soon a few URLs, but technically those will be in 2004, even though I picked them in 2003. Various apartment things -- I do so love my kitchen table, loser than I am.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I'll have to repeat Matt here, my friends: They were very cool, and a few really awesome ones were really, well, awesome for me during a lot of the sad I went through this time around.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Well, the depressed part is really my own stuff to deal with. Maybe E, the asshole boy? Not necessarily appalled and depressed, though.

14.Where did most of your money go?
Moving out, digital camera, books, food, DVDs.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving out, new job (well, there was also trepidation there), relationships (kinda sorta), parties. Pretty low-key year, so far as I can remember.

16. What song will always remind you of 2003?

No idea. I don't usually associate songs with years.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter, or so fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Richer
iv. older or wiser? Both.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading, spending time with friends when they were around. Shopping for a better apartment. Paid off my debts. Written. Valued some of my relationships. Working out.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Dating during the summer. Eating. :P

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with the folks, and trying to not die.

22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Yes.

23. How many one-night stands?
None; not my style.

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Buffy, CSI, Sex and the City, Angel.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Eh, I rarely hate specific people, much as I grumble. I do, however, add people to my "bitches/assholes/don't want to talk to these people" list.

26. What was the best book you read?
"The Lovely Bones," by Alice Sebold

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No one really, but erm. Missy Elliott? I like her stuff. Rufus Wainwright's new stuff. A few other artists that I can't think of right now.

28. What did you want and get?
A DVD player, a digital camera. A bunch of DVDs and books. A new job, my own apartment.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Pirates of the Carribean. I'm a loser. :)

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out to dinner with some friends, wandered around the downtown for awhile, spent the night in a hotel room. I turned 23. I'm old.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A serious relationship that lasted. I crave love.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Hah, me and fashion. Sliding a bit towards retro, but mostly my usual -- sloppy to slightly dressy casual.

34. What kept you sane?
Very little. Books and friends. Moving out. :)

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hehehe... James Marsters, hands down. I'm saving myself for Spike. :) Or Hugh Jackman, or maybe David Boreanaz.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The gay marriage debate.

37. Who did you miss?
My family, my cat Chloe. My friends.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My ex-, my coworker Lia. This wasn't a big year for meeting lots of people.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
Don't be afraid to go for what you want -- how else might it happen?

No comments: