2004/03/02

Emailing my dad is fun:

Original email:
Actually Dad, do you have Dorothy's email address?

Thanks,
jen


Him:
>>> "Dad" 03/02/04 09:59AM >>>
What's with the "actually?"

Anyway, for Dorothy, I have two addresses -- home is
"myaunt@family.com" and work should be
"myauntatwork@family.com". I am not 100% on the work address, as I
know it changed a while back, but I am pretty that's the new one.

D.


My reply:
Because I was going to put it off, but this way I get to do some
machinations and/or coordinations from now. :)

I write emails the way I typically talk (unless they're
business-oriented), so I assume that you're inside of my head and I'm
continuing an on-going conversation.

I'm not strange, I'm just a [Dad's side of the family].

Mom says I ride the short bus 'cause I'm special. :)

Thanks,
jen


His reply:
Your mother was always good at the little white lies.

My reply:
Like saying that you're my real father?

Oooh.... burned you on that one.

His reply:
Well, we didn't want to spoil it for you, but you really should call be
calling me "Uncle Daddy"

My reply:
Just so long as Uncle Daddy keeps the money rolling in, I'll call you whatever you want, even King Solomon the Third.


Okay, so that last one wasn't the best, but... I didn't get enough sleep last night, and the kitten woke me up an hour before my alarm this morning. Damn kitten.

And while we're on the subject... I think I've chosen the name Thena for her, short for Athena, Greek Goddess of War. Kitten likes to attack things, therefore... :) Most of the Greek Goddesses also had ties to love and romance (although if I remember correctly, Athena was one of the few that didn't, having sprung from Zeus' head fully-formed), which kinda not really ties in the Valentine aspect of her name... but ah well. It's not like I'm going to forget that I got her on Valentine's Day. :)

So yes, Thenacat, Thenakitten, Demon Spawn of the Black Pit, Pest, Brat, Little Bit, Little Screech, Teeny Bits... those are her alternate names. :) I don't know what it is, cats always seem to develop nicknames around me. :)

No comments: