2005/04/24

This is old, but it was one of those email posts that never showed up, and it'll do for now until I actually do get around to making a real post. I kinda don't feel like it right now, but in brief, unless things turn around in the next few days, I'm single once more.

Okay, so I took the "Would you make a good Jehovah's Witness?" quiz, and I answered honestly (except for the car thing; there I put down my mom's car, since it's the one I drive most often... since the paramedic doesn't trust me behind the wheel of his car, or is just protective of his car, which is also fair).

As for the recreation question, I ballparked *low* - I was thinking mostly of family time in that. Recreation would be a fair bit higher.

Anyhow, I've posted here what my results were, and this quiz had led me to believe that Joho's are scary, scary, scary people.

Scary.

You are 20% Jehovah's Witness!
You have some serious changes to make before you can be baptized as a Jehovah's Witness. Your attitude will likely get you labeled as a rebel. Parents will not encourage their children to hang around you or your children, unless there is reason to believe they can help you become a better Jehovah's Witness. It is unlikely that you will ever really fit in at the Kingdom Hall.

-- Your answers and some commentary follow --
How do you view the Bible? The Bible is bunk This is not good. The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Bible is fully-inspired of God. They believe that "the" Bible is the collection of 66 books found in the King James version, though they also feel that their own unique translation is the best one available. If you can't accept Noah's Ark, people conversing with donkeys, and people being executed for lying about real estate transactions, then JW's probably aren't for you.

What is the most important quality you look for in a church leader? Honesty, Integrity You might not fit in so well at a Kingdom Hall. Jehovah's Witnesses choose their leaders based first on quantities of service, then qualities listed in the Bible. Honest men of integrity that don't spend enough time in the door-to-door preaching work, or don%2

No comments: