2007/02/19

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me lately, which is a statement that will cover an awful lot of ground at the moment.

I got ready for bed last night, and my thermostat was set more or less where it always is, the temperature outside wasn't any colder than it's been in some time, and yet I could not for the life of me get warm. My feet were frozen, my body was chilled, my bed wasn't in the best of shape... I wound up putting on two pairs of socks (one gym-weight, one heavy-duty), and a sweatshirt over the flannel pyjamas I was already wearing (I'm sexy in the wintertime, the Smooshy can tell you), and turning up the thermostats in both my bedroom and the living room. When even that didn't work, I grabbed my other comforter from the living room and threw that on the bed -- finally at some point I was able to sleep.

I woke up this morning sans sweatshirt, but I still had both pairs of socks on, and my feet were still marginally chilled. My apartment felt much warmer, but really not that bad. Even work is cold today, and either my liver's still recovering from drinking on Friday and then again last night (though less so), or I may be slowly coming down with something stupid. I feel okay, but there's a lot of crap going around work, so it's probably just a matter of time.

I also haven't been sleeping very well, so I seem to spend a lot of time with tired eyes, squinting at screens and televisions and not studying. *sigh* I'm so frustrated with myself, yet I can't seem to kick my ass out of this habit.

I wish I knew what I wanted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you have seasonal affective disorder. I'm getting all listless and moribund and can't focus. Worse yet, lazing around all weekend only seems to have made it worse. Bleh. This winter has to END!

I think I'm going out tonight to the hydroponics store to throw myself under a full spectrum lamp. Except that would require walking a block. Bleh.

-Jay