2007/05/28

I have a new temporary roommate. I'm nervous about it, because I've never lived with anyone else before and I know how fussy I can get about some things (and completely uncaring about others), but we'll see how it goes. It's only for 2, maybe 3 months at worst, so it really shouldn't be that awful.

I'm a mean mom and tossed out a bunch of cardboard boxes that Venus liked to hide behind. She still hides in the same location, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as effective.

I saw Pirates 3 on Saturday. Didn't stay through the credits, but I found a clip of the scene at the end, and I found discussion on what it means. Be warned, the movie is long -- including the five million commercials and trailers we saw, it ends up running 3 hours. It's also somewhat confusing, and feels like it's lacking some of the character that really helped set the tone for the first movie, and somewhat for the second, too.

I saw Shrek 3 last weekend, disappointing as well. I liked some of the musical touches -- Danse Macabre, "One" from A Chorus Line, the original Snow White song, "My Favourite Things," but overall... eh.

I watched Epic Movie with R and N. Not a good movie, which was about what I expected. Possibly slightly better than Date Movie, but not by too much.

I also watched Team America: World Police last night for the first time. Yes, I had never seen it before. I didn’t find the puking scene nearly as funny as M did, but that’s me. Otherwise, not too bad.

Shawn and I had lunch yesterday and spent some time hanging out and talking. Nothing too earth-shattering, though we did spend time talking about religion, of all things. Discussions about religion in which I’m a participant are always amusing, ‘cause I’m so ignorant about religion it’s almost funny – and I’ll be attending a Catholic wedding later this summer (my first Catholic one, I think). I’ve been to four funerals, three of which were Catholic (including one that was French Catholic), but the weddings have been all over the map.

I spent Saturday night at my parents’ place and kept an eye on Digger. He seems to be slowly improving, and I’m trying not to hover too much or read too much into anything. I think I expected him to improve faster, and I do worry about every little thing that happens, but I’m trying to keep myself in check. If I’m like this about my cats, I fear for any future children I may have… I’m going to be useless if they do anything that strikes me as unusual. Either that, or I’ll be so blasĂ© trying to keep myself in check, they’ll be eating lead-paint sandwiches with rat poison dressing and I won’t say boo.

I have friends making fun of me for the biological clock ticking now and again. Shut it! is what I say, ‘cause it’s only ticked once or twice, and it’s not as though the damn alarm is going off or anything. Shut up.

I can’t believe I’m going to be 27 soon. I keep asking M what it’s like to be old (he’ll be turning 29 next month), and he tells me that I’ll know soon enough, ‘cause 27 is apparently when you become old. He’s so sweet. I feel as though I should be all serious and adult... instead I make sound effects when I’m doing physical things (aside from working out), I tell my cats where I’m going in case they somehow understand me, and I’ll do things like paint one set of toenails and leave the others unpainted – and keep them that way because they bug people. I’ve fixed that since, but still, it was fun for quite awhile. I think I’ll think that’ll kick in if I ever marry or have kids, but I don’t know. How’s that for a convoluted sentence?

Okay, enough rambling, especially since I’m not saying anything particularly fascinating at the moment. I have a piece I’ve been working on for awhile about sexiness and another about friendship, but that’ll be a few days yet. Short summary of the above?

No comments: