2002/02/04

And the emails to which I am referring:

The first, from my friend...

Hi sweetie...how are you doing?
did you have a chance to start on the project yet? I want to thank you for
doing that, as i know that i have work all day and i have a sales meeting
until late, and then i have to study for 2 tests--of course taht is not to
say by any means that you dont have lots of work to do as well.....school is
school eh?
anyways just wanted to say thank you, and i read that our proposal cant be
more then 3 pages long, but it does have to be in detail,,,he said that
there was an outline of how to do the proposal in our CMN book...
anyways, hvae to get back to work,...but have a great day...
here are the names...[snipped]
thanks sweetie---we owe you one,
love D :)


And the second, which I sent...

Hi D,

I'm glad you sent me the names and student numbers, but what I was
waiting for was the part that you guys were supposed to write -- the
personal reasons behind this paper. I have the same outline that you
have, so I know the requirements for it.

And so you know, next time I'm not going to be able to do this. I
respect that you worked all this weekend, but so did I -- I work
Fridays from noon until 11 p.m., Saturdays from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m.,
and Sundays from 5 until 11 p.m... and as you know, I have three other
groups that require my attention.

---------

Basically, I'm tweaked that she was asking if I'd started yet, but hadn't held up her end of the bargain, or even offered to help much... I strongly suspect that her "late" sales meeting may have ended at like, 9 or something, and hell, I'm usually just settling down to write then... and perhaps there were treks out with her boyfriend or drinking friends that she didn't want to mention. As for the second girl? I don't remember what her excuse was, but if it was that she was also working, well, so was I.

And hell, as the coworker says, I just get to take an easy ride on the next one, since I may have just handed these two girls 5%. Or 0%... like I said in the previous post, I don't care. :)

Ah well... the second girl was stressing over the fact that they'd never handed in a proposal for a communications class before, and had I ever done one before? Oh no! I think half the reason she rubs me the wrong way is that she stresses over the slightest things and blows it up like it's the biggest deal ever, and then takes it out on everyone and makes it seem like she's the only one with problems... and the other half is that she comes off snotty a lot... like she's the only one with an opinion that matters, and the rest of us peons just barely exist.

And all of this before the class I share with them! Yay! :)

Anyhow, speaking of which, I'm off. We'll see what happens, and maybe I'll even share it later. ;)

No comments: