2002/06/08

What is it about me that says, "Hey, I'm good to have a fun time in bed, but don't date me"? I just had another proposition today from someone at work. We kissed a bit, and then I was being asked if I wanted to 'take this further', and he said his place was free Monday night. I have a class, and I told him so, and I also said that I wanted to take things slow. He mentioned that his place is free lots of nights, and it's he's not looking to rush (or something along those lines). I don't generally (okay, it happened *once*) go from kissing someone on one day and screwing 'em a few days later. The difference in that other experience is that I'd been spending a *lot* of time with the person in question before we had sex.

Then he asks what I think of what's going on between us, whether it's going to be a relationship or just a good time, and he says he's not really into the whole relationship thing. *sigh* Neither am I, but I just want to date someone or a few someones for a bit. Not go from friends to lovers with little in between.

*sigh* Went to the pub near my place last night with the coworker. I ran into some people that I went to grade school with, so I was over chatting with them for a bit. Coworker got peeved about that, but I didn't really get into it with him. I can kinda understand where he's coming from, but I've had people do the same to me, so... I don't know. Whatever. Our waiter was really cute and friendly, and a bit touchy-feely towards both of us, but a bit more me 'cause I'm the girl (maybe 'cause he thought I was cute?). Turns out he lived in the area, so we were exchanging stories about high schools, though he's a few years older than I am, so that was likely a turn off for him. I did get some info on him from the younger brother of one of my old classmates, who just happens to work there, so I might try going back at another time (but soon) and see if I can see him again. I was actually very seriously tempted to leave behind my phone number, or ask him if I could give it to him, but he didn't come back to the table while the coworker was away, and I didn't really have the guts. I'm wimpy.

Here's been my pattern the last several months when it comes to guys: I meant nice, cute, interesting ones that are five or six years older than me (not a problem for me), but when they find out my age, I can see the doors kinda closing down. Problem for them. Conversely, people that I am friends with and whose company I enjoy, but am not really looking to further, ask me if I want to sleep with them but not have a relationship with them. Maybe I give off a weird pheromone. *grumble*

Stupid things going on with the ex-, but that's my life and it's not going to change. In brief, it's time to move on. If we get together down the line, fine. If we don't... well, fine. I'm not really at that point quite yet, but I'm working on it. I'm also trying to use this to enhance myself; get out more (hence the club expeditions), spend more time with my friends (and other sundry people who *don't* want to sleep with me... or at least are being nice and not telling me about it!), focus on saving up some money and eating better. I've decided that I'm going to try to give up Coke and chocolate (ack!), and day one of this decision is progressing nicely. :)

Monday marks the second-last class of this course and the club visit that my piercer invited me to. I've got a few friends that may be accompanying me, so we'll see what goes on at that event. See what Dan says/does. I'm just going to try to take things easy, and maybe put some distance between me and the other coworker until I can decide what I want. I like him, but do I like him enough right now to sleep with him? I don't know. Don't think so. Right now, I don't think I like anyone enough to sleep with them, which is why I'm at two and a half months and going strong, I do believe. And y'know what? I'm happy. I'm comfortable as I am, and if it turns out that I get stupidly horny and just absolutely have to have someone? Well, I have options, I guess. :P

No comments: