2002/09/17

I'm tired of people doing or saying things that I find stupid because they care about me.

Case in point? This stuff with J. Also, things with the coworker.

Apparently I can't be bothered to get much more descriptive than that; this post is a do-it-yourself one, where you, the readers, provide me, with the missing content!

Right. ;)

In the countdown clocks... it's been 3 weeks and (basically) 4 days since I last had sex (Jesus Murphy). It's been 1 week and 6 days since I last had a boyfriend. It's been 1 week since I last saw J, live and in person. It's been 4 days since I last had a good conversation with him (although that one was about relationship issues, posted earlier this week. It's the ranty one).

What else? Well, lots of things I could countdown, but those are the ones weighing most heavily on my mind. Well, those and due dates for various papers, assignments and tests. Got a presentation tomorrow evening, then a test the following Thurdays (the 26th). October and November get kinda cramped -- most things seem to be grouped around particular times of the month, not spread out -- but it's not *too* bad. At least, I hope not. :P

Started working on the demo tape for news tonight, so that was good. At least I'm starting, right? I put some stuff onto minidisc, I just have to practice a few times before I feel confident enough to turn anything in. I think I have a half-decent news read, and I find if you listen to your voice enough (and pull it when you project from the diaphragm, the proper way to talk on air), then it doesn't sound as weird or as awful anymore. :)

Gotta clean my room. It's pretty awful looking. Once I get some free time (hah!), that's when that's going to happen. So... when I move out. ;)

Got a birthday party for a friend of J's/kinda myself this weekend. I'm looking forward to it, even though, like always, I'm turning up to it late because of my work schedule. I'd originally ICQ'd J to ask him if he could pick me up from it, since Mom was working and I couldn't get the car, but she says if I drive her to work I can have it, which means I cancelled that. I didn't feel good about asking anyone, especially him, to come and get me, since it was right in the middle of the festivities and all... he doesn't really offer me rides anymore, so I hate to ask for them. Feels weird.

Speaking of weird... I don't know what the hell's going on. I don't know if he misses me or even notices that he doesn't see me anymore or barely talk to me or what. I think he's giving me my space again, or maybe he's just been really busy the last bit and hasn't had a chance to hang around online and talk boring with me (that's from my side it's nothing exciting that I'm telling him, I mean). Garr. Talked to one of the news people from work about all this stuff on Sunday, and it's nice to know that someone else would be reacting like I have been in the situation -- i.e., the temptation to speak up to J's ex-, or feeling just the various things I've been feeling that I've detailed here.

I did two straight days of exercising, and some healthy eating. Did two days of yoga, and one evening (same as one of the days) on the exercise bike that Mom and Dad bought -- a solid half hour of the fat burning program. It had me sweating, and I did stop/slow down two or three times across the half hour. I got some reading done for my classes at the same time, so that was good. :) Didn't do anything Sunday or today, but I'm going to try to put in some time on one or the other tomorrow morning, at least.

What else? My life is pretty routine. At least, it's gonna be for awhile; go to work, go to school, go home and panic about all the reading I have left to do and aren't doing 'cause I'm fucking around, doing nothing. It'll be fun! :P

Anyhow, time for me to pack it in. Full day tomorrow and all that funness.

And thank you, as always, to my readers, whomever you may be. I appreciate knowing that someone out there is interested enough to read about my trials and tribulations, and maybe is even rooting for me in the ongoing mess that is my social/personal life. Either that, or you're wishing I'd shut the fuck up and stop whining. But at least you're reading, so it works out for me. ;)

No comments: