2002/11/28

I think I just came up with a subject for tomorrow's column, based on conversations from yesterday.

Good times. Went to Chapters with Mark and Ben. I was aiming to pick up some odd purchases: from the Women's Studies section I found a book called Cunt (did you know that used to be a term of great respect for women?), from the Erotica section I picked up The Story of O, and then I bought some Christmas cards. *snicker* How's that for weirding people out? ;) I laughed at myself when the purchases were being rung up, too; the cashier was taking awhile because of this gift card I received from Chapters, so it wasn't the easiest of transactions to run. Consequently, because of the time factor and clowning around with Mark and Ben and talking to one of the other cashiers, by the time the girl rang through my purchases I'd been distracted. What this means is that I happened to glance at the readout for the cash register and I saw "Cunt" on the screen, and I thought to myself, "Wow, that's an unfortunate abbreviation for something," before realizing that no, it was in fact the book I had just bought.

Okay, so it was funny to me. ;)

I got my theCounter report today -- 215 visits last week! Readers, I don't know who you are, but I'm deeply in love with each and every one of you. Thank you for coming, and then thank you for returning. It means so much more to me than you might happen to realize.

A gentleman emailed me to thank me for one of my articles on Whore's Boudoir. Very awesome feeling. As well, my theCounter report for WB shows spikes on Tuesdays and Fridays, exactly like I said in my paper; last week I had 14 each on Tuesdays and Fridays, and 2-4 on the other days of the week. Sweet. ;)

I discovered yesterday that I make a nice pillow. Of course, Ben was so exhausted that I think a pool of molten lava might've made a good pillow, but hey. Sitting on the couch, Mark leaning on me from one direction, Ben sitting on the floor, resting his head on me. I was smushed, but comfortably so. It was just like high school, in ways that I was wishing would happen earlier on posts. Being surrounded by friends, being in contact with them, not worrying, "Oh my God, my hand is near his hand I think he's going to think I like him!"... instead realizing that hey, contact with other people feels good and doesn't have to be sexual, but instead can be very comforting. Of course, there are a few other things about yesterday that are reminiscent of high school, but I think they're gone now. ;)

Anyhow, time for me to get moving. Urgh. I stayed up until 5 last night playing Age of Myth, and was absolutely *frozen* when I went to bed. Shadow came up and snuggled under the covers, and I think Digger showed up before I fell asleep, too. I know he was there when I woke up, and he was all howly last night trying to get me to go to bed. He just didn't have any sympathy for my "just let me finish this level!" exhortations. Poor guy. :) Shadow is currently on my lap and making typing as difficult as possible, although she's not draped across both of my arms as is her usual way. The two of them have been having fights at the end of my bed every morning or evening for the last several days in a row. Little brats. :)

Before I forget, looks like I'll be working Friday nights again, which is nice. Of course, I just realized that this means that I'll be working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights straight. Who needs a social life?! And Fridays will be really long when school starts up again; 8:30-11:30 classes, production work, then on the board until 11. Urgh. Ah well, intelligence is not my forte. Maybe I'll get Saturday afternoons back, although I doubt it. :P Ah well... such is life. And it sucks. ;) But the hours are needed, especially if I'll be moving out. *knocks wood*

Of course, as J- says, all of this is just until I win the lottery. :P :)

No comments: