2003/05/12

I spell my name with ONE N. Why is that so fucking hard for people to remember?

I'm talking people who've known me for years. People who've seen me write it out countless times -- hundreds of times.

Yes, fine. Jennifer is spelled with two n's. I could understand if I spelled Jennifer with one n and people kept putting two. Fine, that's okay.

But just because Jen is the diminuative form of Jennifer does not mean it automatically takes on two ns. It's a totally separate fucking name! If I was christened solely Jen, then would people still be spelling my name wrong?

It's like having someone named Mark, and constantly spelling his name with a c. Or Erik and spelling it with a c. Or fuck!

Maybe I'll just start misspelling everyone else's names and see if they start getting pissed off.

No comments: