2003/05/31

I swear to *God*, sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I spent half the morning racing around downtown and then one particular outskirt, trying desperately to find a clip to help gather my dress in at the waist. I looked this morning and couldn't find the one I'd bought years ago; I checked all of the clothes I might've used it on, I checked my pyjama drawer, where things of that nature congregate to hide and tell stories of me, and no luck.

I finally bought suspender clips at Bouclair and was going to improvise something using hair jewelry or a choker.

I decided to do one last scan through my pyjama drawer, just on the off chance I might find something useful, as well as to look for the hair accessory I was going to use.

What do I find?

The fucking clip.

Everyone know the Edvard Munch painting The Scream? That's about how I feel right now.

That, and there's something rotten in the state of Denmark, and it's Digger. He's taken to hunting young rabbits -- I think we have a nest underneath one of our bushes on the front lawn, 'cause I saw him circling and meowing at it, but I couldn't see anything so I let him be. Then he turned up in the backyard with a fresh kill and was showing it off to Shadow, who didn't seem too impressed -- she turned up at the backdoor howling to be let in.

I also saw a cat smooshed through the onramp of the highway I took to get downtown this morning, as well as lots of other poor, unfortunate souls -- i.e. squirrels. This is not a good day for the animals.

On the plus side, I got all the wrapping and card I need for Greg and Mad's wedding, I don't have to work, I'm tired (okay, not a plus), but it turns out the wedding is at 3, not 2; this gives me more time to get ready, which is good.

Which is what I ought to be doing right now, I just thought I'd share my frustration at the accessories that mock me. See why I don't do girly? Twice I've lost my red lipstick (two different ones; I bought a replacement that's also disappeared), and my accessories hide from me. This is not encouraging me to be girly.

No comments: