2003/08/08

Okay, I caved. I emailed him first. I didn't go into great detail on much; I don't even know if he's going to read it, so it's not like I wanted to put a huge bunch of effort into it. Hell, I don't even know if he cares about what I think, or whatever. And I didn't want to be the "other girl who sent him the 8-page email about feelings"... bugger that. I don't have to be pathetic, just honest.

So, yeah. Had the gym appointment, and that went well. Got my heart rate stupidly high, but I wasn't panting, so that was good. D and I spent quite awhile discussing gym stuff and food stuff. I gotta increase my protein intake, which kinda sucks 'cause I don't seem to like any foods that are high in protein.

I've decided that I'm going to turn into one of those people who has nothing interesting to talk about, just what she did at the gym that day, or the day before, or what she plans to do at the gym. :)

Anyhow, D and I headed over to Chapters last night to do some very brief shopping. I picked up a few books I've been eyeing for awhile: The Vagina Monologues, The Secret Language of Girls, and I saw a new Naomi Wolf, so I decided to go for that. I'm so looking forward to peace and quiet and reading time. Which'll probably be sometime after I die.

Today has been crazy hectic busy. Well, not really, but it's been *long.* I was up at 7, did all of my morning routine stuff, then headed downtown for two appointments back-to-back. After they finished, I came to work for an hour or so to fill time and get ahead on some work. Then it was off to the book store for a nice long shift (only 6 hours, but it felt *long*), and now I'm back at work finishing some stuff up.

C, the guy I dated briefly awhile ago, is having a "I've left the company and it feels great" party this evening, and I feel some obligation to show up, but I'm also zonked and I have to get up early tomorrow for another nice 8-hour shift at the book store. Urgh. H and I are also supposed to get together in the evening, so we'll see what comes of that. I ran into her a few days ago and got the lowdown on the situation with her and R; not entirely pretty, for sure.

Anyhow, time has ended here for me and I must be figuring out what I'm off to do. Probably stop by for one drink (despite not being dressed for the bar scene)... although. Urgh. Yeah, I think it's time for me to head home. I want some sleep and some cat snuggling and some quiet reading time. Argh, obligations. Okay, here's my mental back and forth written out for all to see. Isn't this fun to read? This is probably right along the lines of what R considered to be my boring entries. :)

Okay, one drink, then home. I'm gone.

No comments: