2003/09/09

First of all, thank you Shawn for the update. Very nicely done. :)

Second, I did have a cool time with Heather -- we hung out at her apartment in scary Quebec and chatted and got some food and then I headed back to my apartment.

I called my dad to figure out how to set up my computer desk and wound up getting in an argument with him for awhile. Great fun was had by all. Then D and I chatted and my bad mood carried over/was continued and I got all morose and depressed and sad and then I put up pictures around my apartment.

Afterwards, I called Shawn and we chatted for awhile, and I worked on a puzzle and then went to bed late... only to be awoken by the freakin' construction. My favourite part of the construction is that they do something with poundy machines that shake my house from somewhere after 7 a.m. until about 9:30 or so, when I give up on sleeping and decide to get up. Then, they switch to much quieter machines that I could theoretically sleep through, if they weren't using them at noon, after I've showered and gotten up and started to head out. *grrr*

There was also a note in my mailbox stating that they were going to be doing work this evening that required the shutting off of my water from 7:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. Good thing I'm not working the government job yet, otherwise I'd be screwed for morning showers and such. :P

Urgh. I so hate being sick. Especially since I didn't get any warning, so I didn't get the chance to try to fight it off with echinacea and whatnot... it's just here and I'm coping as best as I can. Which means looking and sounding like ass, and drugging myself into oblivion -- something that's not working as well as it used to. :(

My boss just came in and said there must be something in the water here at work, 'cause his wife is expecting -- making it three people in the creative/production department who are expecting (although one of them just recently had his baby). I said I was going to make sure I stopped drinking the water here, not that it really matters. One requires "special hugging" to have a baby on the way.

The same thing happened when I was at the animal hospital, too; two or three people got preggers there, sometime before I left. Maybe it's an effect I have? :)

Ah well... I wrote most of an article for Whore's Boudoir last night, so as soon as I finish it, I'll put it up. It's pretty sweet when articles write themselves.

No comments: