2003/10/09

I didn't take my nap last night -- on purpose -- 'cause I had to be up at 5 this morning. I figured if I didn't nap, I'd be able to go to bed early and fall asleep, and I was right. I was in bed by 10:30, and asleep shortly thereafter. Isn't my life exciting?!

*sigh*

Anyhow, I made it to the gym yesterday, which was good. I didn't have much energy, so I didn't push myself too hard, but I still think I got a decent workout in. I had a really early dinner, and then afterwards I got sick, so I just watched some tv (including my brand-new Family Guy episodes... "and just what do you think of THAT, broccoli?!") until I felt better, then headed off.

Perhaps tonight I'll get some cleaning done -- after all, I get off work at 2 today, so I'm sure it won't be a huge problem. :P Eesh, these hours. If this is what being grown-up is all about, I want out.

And speaking of work... I got my paycheque last week for one week's worth of work. I got my paycheque this week for two weeks' worth -- and there's only a $300 difference, and only about a $200 difference in deductions. I'm going to compare paystubs, but this is kinda ass. :P

I finally got my review from the bookstore the other night, which was nice. I still don't have my gift certificate, but hopefully that'll change soon. :P Chatted with female A for awhile last night, as well as Shawn; the conversation with Shawn was kinda pathetic 'cause we were both tired, and I was just plain dumb from a combo of that and working out. :)

I turned the heat down in my apartment a few days ago, and since then I've made efforts to bring it back up, but it's still not quite kicking in. I'm not sure I like this game -- the apartment is either way too warm or just a little cooler than I'd like it to be. Doesn't quite work for me. Well, at least not when it won't turn into warm as soon as I'd like. :P

Today I get to be away from the office from 9-2 'cause of some hugging meeting we're going to. Apparently they did some kind of workplace assessment before I started, and then decided I'm not quite sure what, but my coworkers keep referring to it as a hugging meeting, so that's all I know. My boss said I could go to it and leave at 2, or I could stay until 4 and charge overtime; I figure, since I'm usually off at 3, I'm going to just leave at 2. I'll be lucky to stay awake through it anyhow.

Had a weird dream before I woke up this morning, something about visiting D in rez (which looked nothing like a rez normally looks) and in my dream I got upset about something and started to storm off, and he came back and got me and someone else that was there (who represented one of his friends, but I also knew them) was reassuring me about this and that. I haven't a clue what it all means. Then again, my dreams rarely mean anything whatsoever.

Well, as much as I'd like to keep writing, I really ought to be off. I'm going to be bringing at least one notebook with me today, in addition to my work notebook, so hopefully I'll be able to get some writing done. Although I have the sinking feeling the group will be small enough that I'll have to look like I'm paying attention. Dammit.

No comments: