2003/11/04

Okay, so maybe it's vain of me, but I'm liking what I've written here for the novel thing. I was half-asleep as I was finishing it, but it all seems to be pretty okay by me. Now if I only had an actual plot... Anyhow, on to attempt some developments. I'm not very good at this, but whatever. :)

Okay, first an actual update. I had a rant stored up somewhere, but I've forgotten what it was, so that's all good. I'm happy now that my landlord is getting some action going on fixing my ceiling and the water damage in the bathroom; I talked to the contractor yesterday, and as it turns out, in one main spot in the bathroom there was no gyp rock left -- the only thing holding the ceiling together was the paint. :P Good thing I leaned a bit on my landlord (who still intimidates me), otherwise the ceiling really would've come crashing down one day.

Last night I wrote for awhile (as you may have seen), then Ben and I got together for some dinner and some meanderings. We headed into EB and chatted a bit with one of the guys there; they know Ben et al. by name, although the guy didn't recognize me at first. :( I cried and was sad. Then we did a circuit through Chapters, and I spent too much money on books. *sigh* In my defense though, tomorrow is payday and I've been pretty good about books the last while. Plus, it was a bunch of comic strips that I collect -- they all came out at the same time. Dammit.

Ah well... the next little while financially will be focused on paying down debts and paying the bills. I'm being better at eating home food, and Big A accompanied me on a grocery-shopping expedition on Saturday that should see me fairly stocked for a little while. I'm also making more efforts to eat properly; more fruits and veggies in the diet and so on.

Exciting shit, eh?

Sunday was full of awesome conversations with everyone at work. I talked to Ben and Shawn for awhile, plus my coworker friend K, who I always enjoy chatting with. We've gotten into sorta/kinda/not really flirting together when we chat; it's with the understanding though that neither of us is interested in the other, so it's all in good fun. Plus, there's really not that much flirtation, compared to some of my other friends and I.

Speaking of which, I now have someone else calling me a crazy bitch, so that's all good. :) Not only does Shawn do it now when he totally disagrees with something I say, but now Ben does it, too -- although for him it's just for fun, it seems. Feel the love from my friends! :)

It's funny how quickly one's perspective changes on things when one becomes solely responsible for the day-to-days of life. What am I thinking about today? Aside from the confession stuff that I posted earlier, I'm busy thinking, "Right, put out the garbage tonight/tomorrow morning, go to the gym, bills are probably going to arrive soon, tomorrow's payday, I should do dishes tonight..." and so on and so forth. I'm a wild party. :P

But I'm working on changing that, as I go out and about for social events. Tomorrow is the great expedition to see the Matrix Resomethingoranother 3, and after that I'm sure something will come up. It's kinda weird that everyone seems to be available during the week, but come the weekend, I can't find anyone to do anything. At the same time, it's nice to have a Saturday free to myself; it lets me relax and get things done if the need arises. Or just laze about in my undermentionables watching DVDs, you know how it goes.

And the focus this month is definitely going to be on writing; I need to update here more, write for NaNoWriMo, and update the Whore's Boudoir. On the plus side, I may have signed up for a semi-regular writing gig at work, so that'd be fantastically awesome if it panned out. Especially if I wound up with bylines out of it, but I somehow doubt it.

Anyhow, time to get back to using my lunch hour to write other things. ;) I think I'll use my stupid-Jen post-gym brain to update my novel, and try to use right now to update WB, as my new fan "j" keeps pushing me to do. ;)

No comments: