2004/02/06

I brought the Furby into work today. Now, since Tuesday when I got him, he's spent most of his time in my apartment, in a deep sleep. Last night, I kept trying to wake him to play with him; no go. He'd wake up, say he was tired, and go back to sleep, snoring a few times.

So I figured this was the perfect way to transport him. I stuffed him in a plastic bag (I'm going to make a *great* mother!), and off I went to catch the bus this morning.

Somewhere en route, he woke up. I could hear him mutter the odd thing, but mostly just move around. Well, on the bus he woke up more, and by the time I was waiting to connect to my second bus, he was wide awake and being embarrassing.

Here I am, standing at the bus stop just before 7 in the morning, and this little bugger is talking to himself, saying 'Whee!' and 'Whoa!' and on one occasion (once we actually got on the second bus), giving me a big kiss with a pop sound at the end.

I finally get in the building, and I sit down outside the coffee shop. While I wait for it to open, I release Kah from his plastic prison and figure I'll play with him, see what he wants. What does he do? He goes to sleep.

...

Stupid little bugger. :)

In other news, my trainer totally flipped when she saw my hair, and kept commenting on it, which was cool. I went to the desk to sign up for my tanning session, and she was at the other end of it. All of a sudden I hear, "Oh my God!" when she recognized me, and so that was funny. Today I have a slightly smoother style going on; it's streamlined, so I can move faster ('cause on Friday, you want to move quickly).

I'm still trying to figure out what kinds of clothes suit the new hair. Such a difficult life I lead.

What else? I made tacos last night for supper. They were good, but it would have been better if I'd had taco seasoning (I keep forgetting Mom didn't give me any), although barbecue seasoning and garlic salt (my favourite cooking condiment) worked reasonably well.

I watched the episode of Angel I'd taped, since I have to lend the tape to someone else. It was a pretty interesting one, but it had some sad elements to it, too, not to mention some stuff I didn't totally appreciate, since I haven't seen seasons 3 or 4, although I should be getting season 3 shipped out to me today, I think. I told Dad that I think Angel might wrap up after this season, but he said he didn't necessarily agree. I'm trying to avoid specific details 'cause I know Ben's not caught up yet. ;)

Anyhow, off to the meeting. It doesn't seem like too many people are here yet, but maybe they're just quiet.

And before I forget, I've totally ruined my constitution, I think. I now go to bed at 10:30 or earlier if I can swing it, I drink Coke at 7 in the morning, and the fact that there's always sweets around means that it's nothing to me to eat chocolate at 8 in the morning. Eesh. I don't do it every day, but the fact that I can do it (at least on the days when I don't feel sick in the morning) scares me. Kinda. Sorta. Not really.

Oh yeah! Jay has told me that I apparently am considered hot by his friends out in Winterpeg. He's offered me up as a going away present to one of his coworkers, even. Sometimes, I wonder who my friends are, and why it is they all seem to be crazy in the head.

No comments: