2005/05/15

Feeling kinda bleah. I almost want to nap or something -- my energy level doesn't seem the greatest, which probably means it's time to put some more food into this corpse of mine. This has been the toughest part of this diet -- snacking and finding new foods to eat, especially since I've never been a huge meat eater, and there are foods they suggest that I just don't like. But I'm trying, I've eaten ricotta cheese a few times by now, and it's not that awful, and the Crystal Light drinks are actually really nice (at least, the strawberry kiwi is). Maybe I'll go make some jello and so on, too, so I have some other sweet foods I can eat.

Urgh. Sorry, I promised myself I wouldn't do this. I went to Casey's last night with the spook, and he laughed at me for picking apart my salad as I was eating it... and I patted the bun that came with my steak sandwich and pouted a little, and he told me he thought I hurt its feelings.

Full day yesterday, ouaf. Stefan and I went to the rehearsal in the morning, grabbed some Mickey D's for lunch, then he dropped me off back at home for an hour to myself. I perked up, decided nuts to the damn vibe I was getting there, and went back for the performance. Painful on the mouth. :(

I did get to see one of the former band directors, and despite our caustic relationship, apparently he asks about me often and Stefan says he genuinely likes me, so that's great. :)

Shortly after the performance, the spook picked me up, and we checked out the war museum (only two of the sections; we ran out of time), grabbed some dinner at Casey's (where our meal was held up for reasons unknown, so I kept threatening to just shanghai someone else's food, or eat the waiter's arm), and then saw "Kicking and Screaming," the new Will Ferrell. It felt like something he wanted to do that his kids could still watch. It was decent, but... I'm almost inclined to say Mighty Ducks did it better.

After the movie, I saw the spook's place, and met his cat, and we wound up watching "God of Cooking," another Stephen Chow movie. Not as good as Kung Fu Hustle or Shaolin Soccer, I have to admit. Still absurd, but... all of these movies are merely serving to teach me that men are shallow. Really, really shallow. :P :)

Mind you, earlier in the day the spook was questioning me about my last blog post, and teasing me that he could see where my priorities lay. So I ran with it, told him about my measuring stick and so on, and that I only go after the appropriately-sized men. :P *roll* If that were the case, I'd be chasing a few different boys I know; there's a lot more to it than just that.

Around 2, when I realized that I'd just woken up from a very quick sleep, I figured it was time to head home. The kitties were happy to see me, though I think a bit disappointed that I didn't cuddle them for longer. I fell asleep with Thena's cold nose still tucked against my side. She usually lies down on the same side I'm facing. :)

I woke up this morning a bit before 10, with kitties cuddling me again, and I've taken it fairly easy. I made some breakfast, organized a pile of my dishes for the washing they're semi-soon to undergo, and eventually there will be a shower in my future, too. Life is exciting, especially when you book the day off work. ;)

I also got the balls to talk to my director on Friday, 'cause I'd heard that she didn't like me, and I wanted to pursue it. She told me what the story was, and I left slightly shakier, but also slightly at ease. Of course, I'm still sweating the fact that I only have 6 weeks left on my contract, but I'm still chasing leads. *sigh* I really hate this part.

Tonight I'm getting delicious steak at my parents' place, and I'm going to do my best to come back with my bike. It'll depend on getting the new parts it needs at the Canadian Tire, and also on whether or not my mom makes good on her threat to send me home with more stuff -- like the cradle that's taking up space under the stairs. Oh yeah, it's a real cradle, but it's just a tiny little thing, meant more for dolls. She said that cats can sleep in it if they want, she doesn't care -- me, I'm looking forward to the first time one of 'em tries to jump in the thing and it tips over. It'll probably happen at 2 or 3 in the morning, too. :P I have the feeling it might get used, partly because Thena loves to curl up in my laundry baskets (especially the little one, though that might just be because it's usually emptier), even when clothes are in them.

Anyhow. Also had coffee with D the other night and kinda got some of the old shit sorted out. I told him my thoughts on the matter, he didn't deny that it played out the way I thought, and I think it'll be okay. Ah, my exes... how they come and go in my life. :)

No comments: