2005/08/20

Well, very brief update, but for those of you who don't already know/read my MSN titles, I bought a motorcycle yesterday.

It's a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 500R, a nice dark blue colour, and it'll be mine sometime next week. Now I just have to make sure the bank approves my loan. :P I'm vaguely stressed about money issues, but it should work out okay. I just have to stop eating. ;)

Naw, it's not that bad. I just have to manage my money a bit better than I have before, and it'll be okay. :)

My dad has already resolved to steal it a lot, so I've told him if that's the case, I get his car -- which I've never driven before, except to back in and out of the driveway. But I think he realizes that he can't exactly steal my transportation and leave me without. *grin*

Also, what was cool was that my mom was talking to my maternal grandmother, telling her about this plan and so on, and she apparently started out with the big inhale and the uncertainty, then moved into saying that there are riding groups around that I should join and so on. That's pretty awesome of my grandmother to make that kind of turnaround. :)

It still doesn't feel real just yet, but I'll get there. I think once I have it in my posession and actually ride it a bit, that'll help.

So yeah, my first motor vehicle purchase is obviously a very practical one. ;)

Other than that, dating is going well, I'm on vacation for the next while, and I'm having parties to celebrate my birthing. No one has responded to my invites, so I'm just going to have to assume that no one's coming over on Tuesday. Ah well, it'll be nice to have an evening to myself, even if it is my birthday. Maybe I'll take myself out to a bar and see if I can get people to buy me drinks, given that I'm po'.

And now, I must end this update. I have some cooking I'm hoping to do today before my celebrations take place. They were supposed to have a heavy outdoor component, but I'm not sure that'll pan out. :P There might be mud-wrestling, though... :P

No comments: