2005/11/25

Fortunately, I have not died. I have discovered, however, that a (near) week spent at home can get a bit dull after awhile. In addition, staying at home with no one but the cats and occasionally the Smooshy to talk to does wonders for my ability to communicate.

I did my poster presentation for my class last night. It was obvious that I was sick, since I had the physical manifestations and my brain was just a-wanderin', but I think I hit a bit of a stride towards the end. I hope, at least. But I think my mark is based more on the content of my poster than the presentation, so that should carry me out okay. If the mark had presentation elements to it, I would have spent more time preparing something, instead of just talking off the top of my head.

After class I went out for some drinks (and a plate of potato skins, which I polished off with no problem -- apparently I was hungry!) with some of my classmates, and I brought the Smooshy along. As is often the case when he gets dropped into a crowd of people who he doesn't know, he was fairly quiet, but it seemed to work okay. One of my classmates was looking at us and commented that she could tell he's the quiet one between the two of us, which isn't always so, and I told her that. :)

Oooh, potential for dirty comment in there... heheheh.

I also bought myself a printer this week, which was one of my few excursions into the scary outside world during my week of being Typhoid Jen. It's an Epson CX4800 3-in-1, and so far I love it. It has served me well so far, and the trial picture I printed of Thena as a kitten (just on regular paper) looks good.

I've managed to mostly finish one pair of mittens, and I have to do some finishing work on a few items, but I'm slowly getting around to actually completing things. Maybe I'll go back and finish the shirt I was making for me -- but that's going to have to wait until after Christmas. For now, I still have one pair of mittens, maybe some slippers, a scarf or two... I have a few things. I've actually been cross-stitching again, and enjoying that. Damn me and all of my crafts!

I had to pass on Madeleine's baby shower on the weekend (not her bridal shower, which is what I keep trying to call it). I feel/felt bad about it, but I figured it was kinder of me not to get anyone else sick, especially since I suspect I may have had a mild flu or something equally fun. Who knows. It led to me getting the flu shot today at work, for the first time ever, so there ya go.

I've collected a number of articles that I want to write about and comment on, including a rant I started many moons ago, but I haven't really had the time or inclination. All these craft projects, you see. :)

However, I did manage to drag the Smooshy out to see Harry Potter last week, and I'll ruin it for everyone... Cedric dies. It's true, and I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but there you have it.

I will warn people who go to see it -- don't get a large drink. Also, make sure you pee beforehand (which I always do). I had asked for my usual medium and received a large, which I didn't finish, and I still desperately needed a bathroom about a half hour before the movie ended. I learn these things so I can pass along my knowledge and wisdom to you.

For now, I should get back to work. I have transcribing to do (since I already got the rest of my work done earlier this morning).

No comments: