2002/01/19

Well, I did something last night that's either going to further my career in a really cool way, or go absolutely nowhere. So really, it isn't a risk.

I was talking with one of the broadcasters at work last night (Julie), and there are going to be some staff shifts in the next few weeks... basically, I put my name in to be one of the on-air people if they need someone for overnights. Ack! I know it may not seem like a big deal, but I'm not going to be telling anyone about it, just because I'm like, 97% sure it's not going anywhere, and I don't want to have to explain to everyone that nothing happened when nothing happens. Still though, since I've been there awhile, and I have a female voice, maybe... there's that 3% chance, basically. Julie's really sweet, and she's really outgoing, which is really cool. It's always nice when you meet someone new and can just talk with them. It's cool. She keeps telling me I'm funny because of things I say or explain to her... it's neat.

Anyhow, I just wanted to put that on paper somewhere other than in the email to one of my three million bosses. This would be easier if Dave were here, though, 'cause I think I'll have to do a demo tape, and he's the producer that I would want working on it, because I'm closest to him (hah!) and I know he'd make me sound really awesome.

I just wonder how this would fit into my schedule... eesh.

No comments: