2002/02/13

A post for My Sister Sucks...

So, I have stupid amounts of work to do over the next little while (as I've said time and time again).

One of my classes is called Group Dynamics -- in which we work in groups of four on doing something for a 'social issue.' So, we have to write a paper and submit it -- due tomorrow, of course.

Now, myself and two of the other group members have been putting it together and editing it and whatnot as best as we can because the whole class tanked on the first papers we had to hand in (prof is *really* stringent on things), so we want to do really well on this... especially as she said that these papers, if they don't sell her on our cause, will really affect how she views everything else. So basically the heat is on.

So, I take a break (what else do I do?), watch some tv... I come upstairs, my sister gets on the phone, and I find a message on my MSN and my email from my group members, them asking me to call them to discuss the final edit. Okay, no problem.

*thump, thump, thump*
/me walks into the living room where my sister (henceforth known as the Demon Bitch) is on the phone.

Me: "Kim, I need to use the phone."
DB: "I'm on the phone."
[aside: Wow, didn't realize I'd gone fucking BLIND AND STUPID in the last TWO SECONDS!]
[other aside: Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department, President and CEO: Demon Bitch!]
Me: "I need it for school." (supposedly the magic words)
DB: [ignores me]

*thump, thump, thump*
/me goes back upstairs... picks up the phone every few minutes, no response.

*thump, thump, thump*
[see above conversation, literally verbatim!]

*thump, thump, thump*
/me picks up the phone, says into the phone that I need it.
DB: "I'm on the phone."
/me starts pulling various hairs out at the root, wishing they were hers

*thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump*
(I went to the basement this time where the 'rents were installed)
/me explains the situation to them, not feeling much sympathy, getting somewhat yelled at for my 'attititude' -- I explained what my words had been, getting a bit of sympathy, and the edict: "Tell Kim that I (Dad) said for her to get off the phone." Also got the suggestion, "If it's that much of an emergency, call them on your cell phone and tell them you'll call them soon." I argued against this suggestion, saying that I pay for all the time I spend on my phone, and I only get 100 daytime/evening minutes per month.

*thump, thump, thump*
/me goes back upstairs, delivers the words. No effect.
DB claims that I 'ordered' her to give me the phone, which is untrue. I just informed her I needed it. :) Otherwise, words have no effect.

*thump, thump, thump*
/me calls my friend on my cell phone, asking her to call my house so DB will get off the phone. No problem. DB, stupid brat, hangs up the phone just before they call, but it all works out. I was on the phone for less than ten minutes.

Now... final addendum to this whole mess. DB came down with mono and jaundice, so she has spent the last two or three weeks AT HOME ALL DAY. She went to work for the first time today, but that was MAYBE from 4 - 8:30, when I picked her stupid ass up. She also watched the same television program I did (and another before that), so it's not as if someone else was on the phone and she couldn't bloody use it before then.

Argh!

I need to move out. :P

No comments: