2002/02/03

Well, I could go into detail on how people are being stupid right now, and while it's true and all, I also can't blame them for it, so I won't.

I got to clean my room today, which I didn't think I would be able to, so this is good.

Friday was not a good day for me. Very rough, and not just 'cause of the conversation with the coworker... just stress and things piling up.

I have a paper I have to write tomorrow, this is for the group work thingy that's with my friends. Group work with friends is no better than with strangers, it would seem. I got to say a lot about how much I didn't care about this project and whatnot, which is very true. Frankly, I don't care about school right now. I'm just going through the motions. If I dropped out tomorrow, I wouldn't care. Except that I'm up to my navel in debt because of school, so I do care on that front. I almost want to change my degree to a 3-year and just move out when the school year is over, that way I could afford my own place. *sigh* One more year and a bunch of more months. It's what, February the 2nd today? Last day of classes is April 15. Three months and two weeks, basically. I'll make it.

Oh! Funny today from work. Crazy crackpot caller, but sometimes they're good for a laugh. Here's the script:

Me: (Station ID)
Crazy Crackpot Caller (female, btw): What the hell is going on?
Me: I'm sorry?
CCC: What the hell is going on?
Me: I'm sorry, you'll have to be a bit more descriptive than that.
CCC: I fell asleep with the radio on, and the things they were saying on the air made me have nightmares.
[Editor's note: I was running a specialty show on a music station. The only talking that went on was the DJ doing intros and backsells, and the commercials. It was probably about 53 minutes of music to 7 minutes of talking per hour]
Me: I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm running a show that's all music... I don't think that could have been giving you nightmares.
CCC: [hangs up]

Well, it made me shake my head, if nothing else. :) Anyhow, I think I'm going to pack it in for the night. The cats are circling, and they're likely wanting me to settle down so they can. Yet another thing I love about the little fluffs. ^..^

No comments: