2002/05/15

So, when left to my own devices, I am a complete and utter sloth. How do I know that? You ask (well, for the purposes of this narration, you do). Let's see... for the past two weeks or so, my average bedding-down time is around 2 - 3 a.m. When I try to get to sleep earlier than that (like when I have to get up in the morning, namely on Friday evenings), it doesn't work. Last night, I decided to crash at 3:15 a.m. I fell asleep not too long afterwards, and woke up around 7 a.m. when others were moving around, then finally got out of bed at 1 -- when my cell phone was ringing. I was lying in bed at the time, trying to figure out why I couldn't get back to sleep. Now, in my favour, I managed to get showered, dressed, dry my hair and on the 1:30 bus... although I wound up having a very late breakfast at Gurber King/McDick's as a result (Chicken Whopper Jr. from the first, chocolate shake from the second 'cause they didn't have shakes at the place I went to. :P)

Aside from that... got a phone call from Classic II, my piercing studio -- my jewelry has arrived. Yay! :) Ian, the piercer, said it's really nice, and kinda rounded, not a typical D-ring, so it should be comfortable. I'm also going to get a helix piercing done at the same time, and talk to him about my navel, as it's unfortunately growing out.

Turns out my articles for our group paper are useless, so I had to go to the library this afternoon and get some more. I think I have some good ones (and they're shorter than the last ones, yay!), so I'm going to get to work on that... gotta read 'em and write up some info on them for our paper. *sigh* The prof extended the due date for the paper, which is good, but it's still a bloody annoying paper. He says that all the groups usually get Ds on the first versions, and he lets us redo them, which is great... but when we have a paper due *next* week as well, who has time to be rewriting all the damn things? *sigh*

Anyhow, I'm off to get started on that stuff... at the lovely hour of 12:30. I can't help it; I got sucked into a good trashy romance novel that I bought the other day... the other one I finished earlier today wasn't that good, so I enjoyed this one even more as a result. :) I also need to figure out why my comments section appears to have disappeared... maybe I'll use the same software that Di has and rip even more ideas off of her. ;)

No comments: