2002/10/01

I skipped class today because I was gross sick for a good chunk of the day, in spite of eating basically nothing. Before supper, my entire day's food was the equivalent of a normal day's midmorning snack. The sick just manifested itself (in spades!) around 5:00, lucky me. I'm also coming down with a cold, which is the exact perfect time for me not to have one. Finally, I have a blue tongue, but that's because of my popsicles, not any other condition with which I might be afflicted.

Whoever put vanilla and mint together are doing my tastebuds a serious disservice.

I had a chat with D this morning after our a.m. class. That was nice; we compared notes on our dissolving/ed relationships, and she's trying to get me to go out with her and the girls in two weeks. I told her it really depends on what I have due around that time. :P I'm not sure if I want to go or not; different crowds, different ideas of what constitutes a good time...

I need a haircut, although it's finally getting long enough to tie back into a ponytail, albeit a sad one. :)

I also need to clean out the fishies tank... it's not that gross, since their poo is clear, but I think they'd appreciate it. Maybe I'll try to sneak them into the kitchen and see if Mom notices. ;)

(Okay, okay... of course she would. Then, if I didn't move them after she asked me six or seven hundred times, she'd put them out in the porch. We're both awful. :)

Writing emails to people sometimes helps me think things through in ways that I don't when I'm writing here. I'm not sure why the difference; maybe just feeling introspective 'cause my body was going all kablooey on me, I'm not sure. Realized some things while I was writing that hadn't necessarily struck me before.

I realized today that sometimes we take certain things for granted. There are very few people that I can think of with whom I've developed an automatic connection. Most of them are pretty recent, too, and unfortunately, some of them I've lost touch with, or at least a bit. Some friendships I've renewed -- like H. Others have lapsed a bit, like A, but he and I still do chat, just not as often as we used to, which is a shame. It's funny how groups of friends can rotate like that.

So, making a connection with someone is really important, especially in the context of a relationship. It's not something that's happened to me very often. Maybe about as often as I've been in love -- I'm not entirely sure that the two are connected, although it seems that way. In other relationships, there's always been discord, it's never matched up really well -- the coworker, the pizza guy (although for those two it wasn't really meant to), The Ex-... I don't know. For the record, here, I'm not moping or sulking or whining, I'm just reflecting, trying to be introspective.

Oh yes, before I forget. I made a comment in my post last Friday about the J that hated me. I wanted to clarify, 'cause that had some confusion with it -- that's J, one of the security guards at work (not the one who fed me, the one who now shares a place with the coworker). That's not meant to be J, the most recent ex-boyfriend.

Anyhow, I think that's all I have to say for now. At some point, I'm hoping to post a well-thought out commentary on politics or current events or something. In the meantime, a final thought -- it's very strange when you're single around the same time as some of your long term friends and they start coming on to you. Very unexpected.

No comments: