2003/09/08

So few people are updating their journals, which is kinda annoying. Y'hear that folks? Annoying! Write more!

Still more strangers talking to me on ICQ. I don't get how they're finding me or whatever.

The construction is still going on outside my door, and now we're back to the pounding machines. It's not directly on my doorstep like last time, although it sounds awfully close. I did manage to fall back asleep after the cold medications wore off and I woke up at 7 a.m., but then the phone rang at 9 and it was kinda all downhill from there.

I was up pretty late last night chatting with Shawn. We had a really good talk, touching on all sorts of topics, and he described me as having more emotional depth than he'd realized. Or something like that. :)

Got in touch with both of the professors giving me recommendations, and they both said they'd have my paperwork back to me within the week. Now I just have to get my end of things together -- updating my resume to include the INAC job, finding really good writing samples, that sort of thing. I am pretty hopeful about this; it'd be pretty awesome to have a Master's degree, even if I have to do it part-time. Maybe I'd be able to do it through the summer, too, and shorten the time-frame of it a bit. Who knows? First I have to get accepted. Challenge the first.

I'm finding that with a lot of my friends or acquaintances going back to school, I miss it. I don't miss the stress, some of the classes, profs or mind-numbing readings, but in a weird way I miss the idea of school, more so than the reality, I guess. This is the first time in 19 years, effectively, that I haven't gone to school; it's a weird feeling. I know I celebrated having finished, but ...

I just don't want to do anything today. I want to drug myself into a stupor and wake up when I'm not sick. :P Although I might stay awake if someone gives me a backrub. :)

For now, it's off to eat some more breakfast (I had a stale croissant to try to get rid of the stomach pains and so now I'm just hungry), and then perhaps some reading. I'm really enjoying Memoirs of a Geisha, my current intermittent read. It's quite interesting and well-written. I recommend. :)

No comments: