2003/10/07

No love for Jen today... :(

Doing my usual lunch-time phone calling isn't working out. No love for me. :(

Ah well... I realized the other day when I was in the shower that I have a funny habit, and it made me wonder how many of us have these little pecularities of which we're unaware.

Basically, when I'm washing myself off, I put one leg up on the edge of the tub and scrub it down, then put it on the floor and rock back and forth once in each direction before raising the other leg to wash it. I think of it as being somewhat akin to a cat or dog circling before it lies down; weird, but it's what happens. :)

I'm allowed to say it's weird when it's me. :)

Last night I blew off my dance class (yes, I am going to Hell) and caught Once Upon a Time in Mexico with Ben. He's got some points written about it (well, about a commercial we saw before it) on his site. The movie... well, the movie was okay. I've seen better, I've seen worse. Johnny Depp was quite good in it, but there were some scenes of gore and such that I thought were rather unnecessary. *shudder*

Anyhow, after that I gave A a shout on my cell and chatted with her on my walk home, then spent the evening trying to tweak the Whore's Boudoir. I've been having issues with the archives, and I wanted to try to update them before it got to be too long... then I realized I hadn't updated them since May, so it was really time to get working on them.

I wasn't able to get what I wanted done, but I did tweak the template and I'm happy with how it turned out, more or less. I'm trying to figure out how to move the Blogger banner that's there; I want it above all the other banners, but can't seem to find the point in the code that would do so... especially when the banner doesn't display in preview mode, so I can't tell if I've moved it or not. :P

I think I really need to, once and for all, teach myself or take a course in HTML so that I can just hardcode myself a site from scratch and move away from the pre-constructed templates and whatnot. However, I am proud of myself for figuring out a few bits of the new code that I used, allowing myself to make the template do what I wanted. I'm good. :)

What else? Not too much. Finished up one of the books that N lent me, the first Anita Blake, vampire hunter book. It was interesting; very much darker in tone than the Charlaine Harris books I lent her, and in a way made me want to reread them (something I've been meaning to do for awhile anyhow). I am curious to read the next book in the series to see how the tone changes, if at all.

Tonight's going to be pretty busy. I'm going home, doing some hardcore napping, going to the gym, meeting up with Big A (male friend), then meeting up with someone else later. Don't know what any of the plans are, but they're for hardcore socialization, and that's cool. :)

Shawn and Glorg are having a housewarming party on Saturday, so I'll be attending that, although something tells me I have something else planned on Saturday. Not sure what, though. :P

I also have to make sure I get out to WritersFest some more this week; I'm trying not to look at the schedule for the last few days, 'cause I'm sure I'll have missed out on something good. I know there's a dirty gurls bit that S and I will be attending, at the very least.

Anyways, back to work for I. I'm working on a new piece for the WB, so hopefully some peace and quiet will help me finish that later. That and my muse, which appears to have abandoned me. :P I wonder where I put that dirty necklace of mine?

No comments: