2004/10/29

For some reason last night, I become absolutely convinced that there was something I'd forgotten to do at work, and that I was going to be walking into a huge bunch of shit when I finally got here today.

On the contrary, the day's actually been fairly quiet, and people don't seem too upset about anything. I am surprised, but pleased. And hoping it carries through the day like this.

My boss' boss was also thrilled with the away message that I use now, and recommended that everyone who regularly gets chased down by people do the same. It's kinda nice that lately I've been getting a few "good going!"s to go along with all the usual shit that gets dumped on me... now if I can only keep this up and secure myself a job, wouldn't that be lovely? :P

I still have to dig up pieces for my Hallowe'en costume. I'll be sure to link to or post pictures when they're available... I'm still waiting to see if any pics turn up from the wedding I attended awhile ago (like the one with my friend R biting my butt), but so far I haven't seen any.

There's a part of me that wants to get really involved in some kind of physical sport, something that not a lot of people around here or that I know do. It'd be kind of cool to box or weight-lift or something, but I just don't have the money and likely not the discipline to get involved in something like that. I wish I could spend a tonne of money on a nutrionist or a chef, and then I'd be assured that I would be eating properly and my muscles would actually be evident, but... urgh. It takes self-discipline, and I don't really have that. I mean, honestly, if I didn't have a trainer, I don't think I'd be making it to the gym very often at all. That's why, although it's definitely not cheap, I don't mind spending the money that way -- if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be where I am now, by far. And we have fun together, and she bends the rules on a regular basis for me, so that's cool.

I'm debating whether or not I'm going to make another go of NaNoWriMo this year. The first year, I only hit 3000 words or so; last year I managed to just peak 8000... maybe this year I could manage to break 10k, but 50k? It's self-discipline again. Not to mention my cats aren't exactly big on leaving me alone to write. :)

But I got the good pens again at work recently, and they make me want to write. It's just the coming up with the ideas and the descriptive stuff that I find difficult to do... I can't really imagine myself spending a page or two trying to describe what a scene or particular person looks like... although there are plenty of books that I've read that don't follow that particular convention, so maybe I'm just being too restrictive in what I imagine as the kind of style in which I "have" to write. I mean, it's my story (whatever it might wind up being); if I want to write it as a diary, that's a recognized genre of writing style... and rarely do people spend ages writing descriptions in their journals. At least, if everyone writes like me, I don't think they do. :)

Okay, stream of consciousness writing is leading to ideas for NaNoWriMo... there's a reason that this particular exercise is lauded as being a great way to get yourself writing and in the habit of writing. Granted, it's likely not particularly exciting for the rest of you to read, but... when are my entries ever exciting? Especially lately, what with the whole personal life not being exciting, but that's okay with me, actually.

Welcome to being in my head. *grin*

I do have a coffee date with someone tomorrow, and that's kinda cool. I'm back into the "no putting any big hopes into anything" frame of mind, and we'll see how long that sticks. *shrug* Of course, I may still start propositioning people...

I was calculating with OFK earlier in the week as to how long it's been since I've seen any lovin'. It turns out it's less time than I would've thought, which either means that time has been really dragging recently, or I've put sex far enough out of my mind that it seems like a distant memory. Or something. I figure that so long as I don't start approaching my personal drought 'record,' I'm all good... and I can lord that over my friends who've gone for much longer stretches. ;)

Anyhow, time to grab some lunch and head over to the drugstore to see if they might have some orange spray-in hair colour. Here's hoping; I don't really want to chance the so-called temporary stuff, especially as I hate orange. :)

No comments: