2006/08/27

And in a rare double-post day, a poem I wrote I don't know when that I just found when I was looking for something else. It fell out of one of my school textbooks, but it was written on the back of a Yahtzee game sheet, so I don't know when the heck I would've written it (and no, it's not great or even based on anything that's happened to me):

When last I gazed upon your form,
I trembled with desire.
Now your handsome brow and mouth
Only raise my ire.

"It's for our own good," you said.
When you asked for your time off.
How was I to know, I ask,
About your new bed boff?

"I saw her underwear," I said,
When I confronted you last week.
You stammered, hemmed and hawed,
Then said, "Turn the other cheek."

"You're leaving me for her," I asked,
Suspecting your reply.
"I've fallen in love with her," you said,
Though you couldn't look me in the eye.

I'm done with pining now, I say,
Because I'm done with you.
I've found another man now, I say,
And he has found me too.

No comments: