2007/07/19

I was watching Robot Chicken today, and in one of their clips they equated The Core, which my friend Jay worked on, to terrorism. I'm way too amused by that.

I also cracked my trainer up today. Yesterday he told the desk clerk that he's used to candid answers from me, so today when he asked how I was doing, I said conflicted. He asked me, "conflicted?", so I told him that on the one hand, driving a motor vehicle around my city makes me homicidal, but on the other hand, I was wearing my underwear that had chickens on it and said "puk puk," and that amused me, so I was in a good mood.

He dropped his water bottle and bent over, laughing. I like making people laugh, especially if it's from saying something completely unexpected.

Although people are starting to expect the unexpected from me, so sometimes it gets harder to surprise them.

In other news, Dear Boyfriend told me yesterday that his aunt told his cousin's girlfriend that she adores me, and they both agreed that I talk a lot -- or that one doesn't have to worry about conversation when I'm around. Dear Boyfriend told me that it's not a bad thing, that I don't have to be self-conscious about it (as I am about everything), and told his folks and family that I come by it naturally, via my father (which is true).

I've been told that the brother's soon-to-be-wife, a Newf, is impossible to out-talk; I've also been told that the brother is even more quiet than Dear Boyfriend (who can get chatty, just apparently not so much with the family). I said that, as the brother is quieter, he had to date a Newf to balance him out, whereas Dear Boyfriend only had to go to a bluenoser. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally saw the clip - it was great. :) Clearly, by unleashing The Core on unsuspecting Americans, I've contributed to the erosion of patriotism now evidenced by Bush's falling approval rates.

It's the giant styrofoam amethysts - they're just too realistic. ;)